TERMS & CONDITIONS
COVID-19 OPERATING UPDATE FROM THE EYE CORNER:
WE ARE OPEN. Throughout this unprecedented COVID-19 global crisis, The Eye Corner is open and dispatching orders to our clients, adhering to the health and safety guidelines from the UK government. We are still shipping orders, and we will inform our clients if this changes. There might be delays in the delivery time, as there is a shortage of staff throughout industries, including delivery couriers. We thank you in advance for your understanding and we hope you stay safe and healthy.
By ordering any of our products, you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions. You should understand that by ordering products from the EYE-CORNER.COM website, you enter into a legally binding contract with The Eye Corner which you agree will be governed by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you must refrain from using or ordering products from the EYE-CORNER.COM website.
- By doing a purchase at The Eye Corner, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age or have explicit parents permission and supervision to shop online.
- Unforeseen delays in the delivery of packages happen very seldom, but when they do, The Eye Corner is not liable.
- The price you pay for an item is the one set at the date/time in which you purchased it.
- Shipping cost, payments and any other fees are clear and recognised before confirming any purchase.
- Any payment information (card, pay pal, etc.) is carried under a secure server (SSL encryption) and is not stored in our database.
- The Eye Corner reserves the right to amend any information, at any time, without prior notice.
- Although we do our very best to keep our customers informed, the supplier of the Solótica® lenses can change the opacity of their lenses at any point without previous warning and we cannot be held liable for customer disappointment over color result.
- When you order at www.eye-corner.com, you are confirming that you have consulted an eye care professional (an ophthalmologist or optometrist), have been cleared to wear cosmetic contact lenses and are well informed of how to care for soft contact lenses.
- The Eye Corner is free of any liability if you provide false information at the time of checkout and failing to read the full terms and conditions before purchasing. If you have not seen an eye care professional before purchasing with us, this could result in potential damage to your eyes.
- You confirm you have had optical appliances prescribed by a qualified Optometrist or Dispensing Optician and have previously worn such optical appliances in accordance with their instructions and without experiencing any problems with them.
- Upon receiving the order confirmation e.mail, it is a requirement to read the aftercare and common questions regarding the care and use of contact lenses which is included in the e.mail. It provides vital information.
- If you live in the United States and other countries where a prescription for cosmetic contact lenses is mandatory (not the UK), you consent to us contacting your prescribing Optometrist or Dispensing Optician for the purposes of verifying your prescription details or obtaining a duplicate copy of your prescription. In the event that we are unable to verify your prescription to our satisfaction, you agree that we will not be bound to process your order and supply you with any optical appliances until such time that you have obtained a valid and up-to-date prescription from a qualified Optometrist or Dispensing Optician.
- It is your responsibility to check that the optical appliances you have ordered are right for your eyes. We accept no liability for injury or damage to eyes due to an incorrect order placed by you.
- You undertake that any order placed by you is in respect of your own needs and requirements and that you are not ordering any optical appliances for another person.
- Our free eye test offer terms and conditions are stated below.
- You know of no reason why the contact lenses which you are ordering would not be, or reasonably foreseeably may not be, appropriate for you or your health.
- Different lens colours have different pigments, therefore some lenses might cause an allergic reaction and irritation, while other lenses will not. The Eye Corner will not be liable for replacing or exchanging lenses which cause an allergic reaction.
- When refunds are issued, any additional shipping costs paid by the customer will be deducted from the refund. Only the cost of the product will be refunded.
- DISCLAIMER: The Eye Corner does not carry out eye tests, nor do we have/are opticians/optometrists on site to do so. It is a requirement to see an eye care professional before purchasing with us. We are not responsible for any complications due to the incorrect use of our products.
Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms & conditions carefully before purchasing any items.
None of these terms & conditions affect your statutory rights. Unless it is agreed in writing and signed by us, no other terms or changes to the terms & conditions shall be binding.
The personal information provided by the customers to The Eye Corner is exclusively used to ensure deliveries to the costumers and for promotional purposes within our store. You have the right to inspect the information we keep in file about you. At any point you can ask The Eye Corner to correct any personal information belonging to you on file. By purchasing with The Eye Corner, you are confirming that the information provided by you at the time is purchase is true and accurate. By accepting our terms and conditions, you have agreed to the above.
We will not be responsible for any typing errors or mistakes that you have provided while placing your order. It is the responsibility of the customer to enter true and valid details when registering an account with The Eye Corner. We are not responsible for the loss of parcels during transit if a costumer makes spelling mistakes when an order is placed.
Beyond The Eye Corner’s control
There are events that can occur that are out of out of The Eye Corner’s control, which cannot be predicted or prevented, such as: a pandemic, government action or omission, new or amended legislation, conflict, embargo, fire or flood, sabotage, accident, war, natural disasters, strikes or lack of delivery from suppliers. Under these circumstances, The Eye Corner is released from obligations to fulfill contractual agreements.
All products will remain under the property of The Eye Corner until full payment from the customer is received. The price applicable is that set at the date on which you place your order. Shipping cost, payments and any other fees are clear and recognized before confirming any purchase. By doing a purchase at The Eye Corner, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age or have explicit parents permission to shop online.
Any monetary transactions and transfers conducted through The Eye Corner, are handled and transacted through third party dedicated gateways to guarantee your safety and card protection. Card information is not stored and all card information is handled over SSL encryption. Please read the terms & conditions for the getaway chosen at the time of the transaction, as they are responsible for such operations.
On occasion, if we cannot verify a customer's address via PayPal (whom we use as a merchant credit/debit card processor to process payments), we might ask a customer to provide proof of identification (ID) for the purposes of preventing fraud and confirming that a transaction was carried out by the card owner after an order is placed. Acceptable forms of identification are: passport, drivers license, student ID or metro card. On such instances, it is up to our discretion as to which details we need to see from the client. Until the documents we require are provided to us, any products will not be shipped. Refusing to provide proof of identification does not entitle the customer to a refund.
Import duties and taxes worldwide.
The Eye Corner is NOT responsible for any sales taxes, customs duties or other taxes charged by the customs department in your country. The Eye Corner will not be responsible or liable in any way to any kind of custom tax payments that the customer is obliged to pay in order to receive the item once it arrives to it's destination. Although we do our best to ensure fast delivery, if customs control in the country where you have purchased holds the item until they deem necessary, The Eye Corner is not responsible for any delays that might occur.
Cookies and web experience
Another type of cookie that we use saves a file permanently on your computer. This type of cookie is used to track how visitors move around on the website. This is only used to offer visitors better services and support. The text files can be deleted. To enhance your experience using The Eye Corner uses this type of cookies to give our customers a better shopping experience, to monitor their shopping cart and to get statistics. The information stored on your computer is only a unique number, without any connection to personal information or any other information in your computer.
Because of the nature of our products, hygiene reasons and to protect our customer’s health, we do not accept returns or exchanges of contact lenses once the vials have been opened. All sales of contact lenses are final and refunds are not issued unless the lenses are faulty. Please check that the contact lens vials and the contact lenses are in perfect condition when they arrive (place the vials above your head with good lighting to see the lenses) and check that you have received the right lens colour that you ordered on the vial label. The lens vials come with a safety seal that has to be removed (please make sure the seals are completely removed and that no sharp edges are left as these could damage the lenses when taking them out of the vials). Once the seal is removed from the packaging, The Eye Corner is not responsible or liable for any damage that can occur thereafter and the product cannot be exchanged for a different colour. In case that the contact lens vials or the contact lenses themselves are damaged or defective at the time of receiving them, contact our customer service immediately, as we offer a 14 day period to replace defective or mistakenly sent items. If the contact lens vials are defective at the time of receiving them, DO NOT open them as this will make any exchange void.
We cannot refund, exchange or accept returns if the customer simply does not like the resulting colour of the contact lenses on their eyes. Please do research before choosing a colour (Youtube, Instagram and other social media are very helpful), since results may vary according to different factors including your natural eye colour, lighting and skin tone, amongst others. If a contact lens case is defective, please contact customer costumer service to arrange an exchange within 14 days or purchase.
When refunds are issued, any additional shipping costs paid by the customer will be deducted from the refund. Only the cost of the product will be refunded.
- Prescription lenses are non-refundable and cannot be returned/exchanged as they are custom made to each client's prescription. Before opening the prescription lens vials, please check that the prescription on the lenses that you have received is the correct one. If you receive your prescription lenses with the wrong prescription, please DO NOT open the vials as this will make the possibility of an exchange void.
- For lenses with power, a valid prescription is required and it is mandatory before purchasing with us.
- It is the customer's responsibility that upon receiving their lenses, to ensure that the prescription is correct before opening the lens vials. Once the lens vials are opened, we cannot exchange the lenses or issue a refund
If you receive contact lens vials which have different lot numbers and you feel unsure if this will affect the colour result of the lenses, please contact us and we will exchange the lenses for different ones with the same lot numbers, provided that the contact lens vials are sealed/unopened. Once the contact lens vials are opened, we cannot offer an exchange due to safety and hygiene reasons, regardless of the colour result once you wear the lenses. Please check the contact lens vial numbers before opening.
If any of the product packaging or the product itself is damaged at the time you receive it, please contact customer service to discuss the damage and replacement possibilities (if needed). DO NOT under any circumstance wear damaged or faulty goods as this can be potentially dangerous to your eyes. Products with manufacturer's faults will be refunded or exchanged (ie. if the lenses are clearly damaged or include rips/tears before opening the glass vials). The colour of the lenses once worn might differ from how they look inside the glass vials, however the final colour result can only be judged once the lenses are worn. All the lens colour lines have a consistency amongst our customers once they are worn, and even though the final colour result might differ slightly from the guide photos on our website, if there is a vast difference from the colour result once they are worn (if the lenses look like a completely different colour, not just a slight difference), please get in contact with us and we will do our best to resolve the issue with the manufacturer and send a replacement.
It is the client's responsibility to check that the lenses are in good condition before wearing them. The lenses can be clearly seen through the unopened glass vials and we suggest holding the glass vials above your head in good lighting to check the lenses before opening the vials. Contact lens solution needs to be replenished and changed frequently in the case where the lenses are stored when the lenses are not being used, as the solution can evaporate and this can cause the lenses to dry up.
To complete your return (for non contact lenses products only), please send us an e.mail to: info (at) eye-corner.com, and include the order number and name at time of purchase. Please do not send your items back to the manufacturer. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you when your replacement is shipped.
Refunds might be issued on certain occasions and this is up to The Eye Corner's discretion. Refunds that are granted will exclude the price paid for postage.
We do our best to package make up products safely and to prevent them from getting damaged/broken during transportation, and we guarantee that all products are in perfect condition before being dispatched to our customers. However, The Eye Corner will not be held liable if any damage to the products occurs during transportation by the delivery courier. You are entitled to raise a claim with the delivery courier for the cost of the damage done to your item, and for this purpose you will need the purchase receipt with The Eye Corner.
We do our best to ship all orders placed between Monday to Friday before 4p.m on the same day (provided that the product is in stock) using the following delivery courier: Royal Mail. Orders placed between Friday (after 4pm) and Sunday will be shipped on the following working day (this also applies to Bank Holidays). To return your product, you should mail your product, please return it to the address at the back of your package. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs to return your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. If you are shipping an item over $50, you should consider using a traceable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item. Please mark your items as 'returned' on the packaging, otherwise you will incur any import tax costs that we are charged.
- It takes between 15-20 working days for lenses with power (prescription) to be shipped, as they are custom made to each client's prescription.
We choose the most secure couriers and do our best to ensure the items arrive safely and promptly to our customers, however, we cannot be held responsible if an item gets lost in transit or if there are any unexpected delays during the delivery process. Sending a replacement is not an obligation, nor are we obliged to issue a refund for lost orders. If an item gets lost in transit, providing a replacement will be up to our sole discretion, however, it is not guaranteed.
All sales of contact lenses are final, without exceptions. We do not offer refunds under any circumstance for sales of contact lenses once they have been opened unless the lenses are faulty. Order cancellations on other products will be considered, but the approval of a refund lies with The Eye Corner. Once an order has been dispatched, it is impossible for us to recover it from the courier. We work very hard to ship the orders as quickly as possible once an item is ordered.
You must return the goods to us in their original, unopened and unused condition within 14 days of notifying us that you wish to cancel. The Eye Corner will not cover the cost of returning goods or import charges (if applicable for orders being returned outside of the EU), as this charges will be incurred by the customer.
We will not be bound by your offer/purchase if there is an error in any advertisement or pricing that is on the website. In such circumstances the offer of purchase will be revoked.
Warranty & Safety information
The Eye Corner guarantees the originality of its products. It also guarantees that the products are new, unopened and in perfect condition before being shipped to the customer.
Please open the lens vials with care, as these are covered by a metallic film (seal) to protect the lenses and ensure that the lenses inside the vials are sterile before opening. This metallic film can cause an injury if not opened with care. You can remove the seal by carefully pulling it from the centre above the vial, peeling it off without pulling off the cap that closes the lens vials.
Different contact lens materials and pigments can cause allergies or eye sensitivity. Eye sensitivity/allergy to contact lenses varies from person to person and these reactions although unpredictable, can occur even if you have been a previous contact lens wearer. The Eye Corner is not responsible for any allergic reactions to the contact lenses, or eye damage that could occur from improper use of the contact lenses. If you feel any discomfort when using the lenses, we advice our customers to stop their use immediately and seek the advice of an eye care professional. Contact lens allergy does not fall under our warranty, therefore does not qualify for a refund or an exchange.
Although rare, make up sensitivity and allergy can occur. If this occurs, we recommend that you stop wearing the product immediately and consult with a doctor/general practitioner if required.
If you live in the UK, a contact lens fitting and prescription for cosmetic contact lenses (or zero powered lenses) is not required by law, however it is in your best interest to do so and we do require for you to have seen an eye care professional before purchasing with us. For all other countries, if your specific country requires a prescription for cosmetic contact lenses, even though we might not ask for it before you place the order, know that we can ask for a copy from you at any time to verify and validate the prescription if we deem it necessary. If you know your contact lens specifications and have seen an optometrist/eye doctor, you have to order the right lenses for your eyes (following their advice and guidelines on your prescription)
Please keep in mind that using unsuitable contact lenses (if you are unsuitable to wear contact lenses as advised by an eye care professional , or using contact lenses incorrectly) can cause serious eye problems including corneal ulcers and infections. In extreme cases, sight loss or blindness can result.
- Do not wear contact lenses inside pools or when you sleep.
- Wash and dry your hands thourouhgly before removing/inserting the contacts, as water has bacteria that can cause infections.
When you order at the eye-corner.com, you are confirming that you have consulted an eye care professional (an ophthalmologist or optometrist) and are well informed on how to care for soft contact lenses. However, here are a few tips:
1) ALWAYS wash your hands and dry them thoroughly before touching your contacts and your eyes, as water can contain bacteria that can cause infections.
2) Don't wear your contact lenses for more than 8 hours a day and do not sleep wearing your lenses.
3) Leave them in contact lens solution overnight for at least 8 hours every day after each use. DO NOT use the same solution twice to clean your contacts.
4) Hydrating contact lens eye drops can help moisturise the lenses after long wear.
5) If at any point you feel discomfort in your eyes, remove the contact lenses immediately and consult your optician/eye care doctor.
6) Do not use your contacts when going inside a pool.
7) Do not share the contacts with anyone. They are for personal use and sharing the contacts is not only unhygienic, but can result in serious eye health complications.
Other risks associated with the use of these contact lenses include conjunctivitis, corneal swelling, allergic reactions, corneal abrasion and reduced vision.
Free eye test offer information
The offer of a complimentary eye test and/or contact lens check up is only available to customers who made a previous purchase of prescription contact lenses with The Eye Corner within the last 12 months and reside in the United Kingdom. It cannot be exchanged for cash or any other products sold by The Eye Corner. The Eye Corner reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time. You are required to produce valid and matching order confirmation receipts with your valid contact lens prescription to be eligible for this offer. Please note, should you be entitled to a free eye test under NHS guidelines, the chosen opticians for your appointment shall require you to complete the relevant paperwork. You will not be charged for your appointment. Appointments are subject to availability. A maximum of one complimentary eye test and contact lens check up per customer every 24 months, unless a qualified optometrist recommends that you receive an eye test or a contact lens check up more frequently. You must also have:
- Placed an order with us (The Eye Corner) within the last 12 months.
- Have a valid prescription at the moment of purchase with us (The Eye Corner) from an eye care professional (optometrist/ophthalmologist/dispensing optician).
- Purchased the lenses for personal use only, and you are the wearer of the lenses purchased with us.
- Seen an eye care professional before purchasing on our site or wearing cosmetic contact lenses.
By requesting a complimentary eye test or a contact lens check up, you agree that your name, telephone number, email address, postcode, date of birth and the details of contact lenses you previously purchased from The Eye Corner will be shared with the optician practice who will carry out the appointment for you.
Limitations of liability & governing law
The Eye Corner (we) will not be responsible for any typing errors or mistakes that you have provided while placing your order. It is your responsibility to enter true and valid details when ordering and registering with The Eye Corner.
Any disputes directed to The Eye Corner will be governed solely by Colombian law.
The Eye Corner reserves the right to amend any information, including but not limited to prices, technical specifications, terms of purchase and product offerings without prior notice. In the event that a product is sold out after a customer has already paid for it, The Eye Corner has the right to notify the customer of equivalent replacement products if available, and discuss the best way to replace the product ensuring customer satisfaction.
Providing false information is an offence and The Eye Corner is not liable for any injuries or legal claims resulting from providing false information at the time of purchase.